Ria has been drawing and painting from early childhood. She paints wildlife, land and waterscapes but made a specialization of painting parrots and pigeons. These birds have always been an interest because of their colors and characters.In 2009 she was granted a fellowship of the Artists for Conservation to make a study trip to Mauritius to study, render and support conservation of its endangered species with special focus on its birds.
– Artists for Conservation, Vanvouver, Canada
– ‘Art and the Animal’, SAA – US
– ‘Art und Vielfalt’ – Museum fur Naturkunde Magdeburg, Germany
– ‘Small works, big impressions’, SAA – The Wildlife Experience
– ‘Birds in Art’ – Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum of Art
Oil on canvas or panel- watercolour on watercolour paper
Society of Animal artists, Artists for Conservation